Qt/WinFree bugs

Chris January chris at atomice.net
Fri Jun 10 10:08:42 CEST 2005

Michael Schmitt wrote:
> Dear Christian and all Qt developers,
>
> I would like to tell you that the LyX team has released a series of
> pre-releases for LyX 1.3.6 on Windows.
>
> You can find the latest version at
>
>  http://wiki.lyx.org/Windows/LyX136pre
>
> The LyX community has also generated a short list of Qt/WinFree bugs
> which you can find on the same page. Maybe you like to have a look at
> the list? (I would like to point out that Qt/WinFree has improved
> significantly recently and you are doing a great job!!)

It's great that you've decided to use Qt/Win Free for the Windows port
of LyX but I must politely request you comply with the GPL by providing
a link to download the Qt/Win Free sources (hosted on your own site)
alongside the link to the installer.
It would be tempting to make an exception but then it makes it difficult
when we really do want to enforce the GPL's terms (e.g. a proprietory
program distributed with Qt/Win Free).

Regards,
Chris