porting kdepim to cygwin

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Sun Jan 9 13:51:05 CET 2005

On Friday 07 January 2005 11:41, Thorsten Staerk wrote:
> Hello List
>
> I am porting kdepim to kde-cygwin according to
> http://kde-cygwin.sourceforge.net/kde3/compiling.php
>
> I see the following problems:
>
> 1) when installing with the cygwin setup from
> http://kde-cygwin.sf.net/install, I cannot get the kde-admin-patch. The
> error message is "Can't open (null) for reading: No such file", later
> "Installation incomplete. Check c:\cygwin\var\log\setup.log.full for
> details". In this file, I find > 2005/01/07 11:15:46 mbox note: Can't open
(null) for reading: No such file
> 2005/01/07 11:16:47 Installing file://C:
> \cygwin/http%3a%2f%2fkde-cygwin.sf.net%2finstall/snapshots/kde-cygwin-admin
>-patch-3.1.4-1.tar.bz2
>
> I guess this installer has to be fixed.
There are problems with the installer currently. Please download from
http://kde-cygwin.sourceforge.net/snapshots/kde-cygwin-admin-patch-3.1.4-1.tar.bz2

See http://kde-cygwin.sourceforge.net/qt3/compiling.php how to emulate yacc

> 3) kdepim from KDE_3_1_4_RELEASE states it requires automake>1.6.1, but it
> checks that automake is 1.6 or 1.7. As setup installs automake 1.9.2, I
> change 1.7 to 1.9 and it works. Has anyone a more elegant idea ?
patch admin/detect-autoconf.sh

> 4) I spent the last 6 months figuring out all this. I did not know about
> the existing documentation. I went to http://kde-cygwin.sf.net and clicked
> on "FAQ", then on "main problems". The answer of the system contains 4 php
> warnings. Then, I clicked on "KDE 3" and found only "kde3:screenshots" with
> no screenshots at all. So, I guessed the FAQ section is broken and did not
> look there any longer. My proposal would be to replace "kde3:screenshots"
> by "click to a menu above to find answers to your specific question". In
> this case, no one would stop searching there.

Is fixed. Thank you for your pointer.

> 5) I did not find out where to subscribe to this mailing list. Clicking on
> its name only brings me to http://osuosl.org/hosting/mirrors
See the bottom of this email I have added your email address.