error: configure.bat using latest mingw/cvs

Steven Boothe steven at poiema.org
Sun Feb 20 09:42:43 CET 2005

Peter Kümmel wrote:

> Dev-C++ also must know the QTDIR variable, if you only defined it in
> the cmd shell you must start devcpp.exe from this shell! Or define
> the QTDIR in 'My Computer/Properties/Advanced/System Variables'.
> This in missing in the recipe and I will add it.
> Is 'My Computer/Properties/Advanced/System Variables' the correct
> description,
> I've only a german win?

Hello Peter!

'My Computer/Properties/Advanced/Environment Variables' is the correct
description under 'english' windows.

> I hope you have now success!

Yes I have had success! Yesterday I finally did it and enjoyed the
satisfaction of trying out the various examples. :)

> Thanks Steve, with your help we found a bug in the mingw setup
> and can also improve the instructions!

You are very welcome! I plan to continue working on how to improve the
experience for other developers that may come along and become interested,
particularly those who may be young or unable to pay the big dollars/euros for
the commercial packages just so they can begin learning how to program. :)

Cheers!