error: configure.bat using latest mingw/cvs

Peter Kümmel syntheticpp at gmx.net
Fri Feb 18 17:54:00 CET 2005

Steven Boothe wrote:

>> OK, that output was the result of running:
>> C:\source\qt-3> bin\configure.exe -debug -static
>>
>> However, by the instructions, I was also encouraged to run the following:
>> C:\source\qt-3> bin\configure.exe -debug -static
>>
>> And this took me right into the "building qt.." process just fine.
>> It's compiling right now even as I write this. :)
>

> Just another update:
>
> I finished compiling examples\hello, so I thought I would try to run it.
> What I found was if I tried to run it by just "double clicking" on the
> file, I would be presented with a error message box declaring:
>
> "This application has failed to start because mingwm10.dll was not
> found..."
>
> So what I did was open a command prompt to the source directory, ran my
> little batch file to load the environment variables, then changed to the
> examples\hello directory, and attempted to run it from the command
> prompt. From there I received the following declaration:
>
> "hello.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close.  We are sorry
> for the inconvenience."

It's a bug, not your fault. Update qapplication_win.cpp with:

../qt-3/src/kernel/cvs -z6 update qapplication_win.cpp

 > Never mind, I determined that this likely meant to import same as
 > hello.dsp, so I did, compiled qt_mt and encountered the following error
 > among others:
 >
 > 42 C:\Source\qt-3\src\kernel\qnamespace.h qglobal.h: No such file or
 > directory.
 >
 > How am I doing so far? Have I now come to the point where I am
 > encountering the results of ongoing work and thus that is why I came up
 > with that error? A result of checking out code that is an ongoing work
 > in progress?

Be sure you've selected the custom makefile (if you reopen Dev you must
select it again, looks like a bug in Dev).

Dev-C++ also must know the QTDIR variable, if you only defined it in
the cmd shell you must start devcpp.exe from this shell! Or define
the QTDIR in 'My Computer/Properties/Advanced/System Variables'.
This in missing in the recipe and I will add it.
Is 'My Computer/Properties/Advanced/System Variables' the correct description,
I've only a german win?

I hope you have now success!

Thanks Steve, with your help we found a bug in the mingw setup
and can also improve the instructions!

Peter