error: configure.bat using latest mingw/cvs

Steven Boothe steven at poiema.org
Sat Feb 19 22:28:58 CET 2005

Peter Kümmel wrote:

> This replaces only the wrong lines in the instructions which are
> followed by:
>
> and also generate Makefiles for the special Qt build process by calling
> again:
>
> C:\source\qt-3>configure-mingw.bat -debug -static
>

>>> Here's the output I did end up with following this path:
>>>
>>> For ...
>>> For C:\source\qt-3\tutorial\tutorial.pro
>>> Building qt...
>>> 'nmake' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
>>> operable program or batch file.
>>>
>>> C:\Source\qt-3>
>>>
>>> I'm thinking this isn't a good thing if it happened while attempting
>>> to "build qt...".
>>>
>>> Any thoughts?
>

> If you don't call configure-mingw.bat then there will be 'Makefile's for
> Visual C++ which produce your errors. configure-mingw.bat generates
> the 'Makefile's for mingw.
> Peter

Thank you again for all your help, I'm now wondering how to configure
Dev-C++ to compile with static linking. I've been looking through the
various options and searching via google, but haven't yet found a good
way to do this. If you have any ideas I would be very grateful to hear
them, otherwise I will keep looking. I'm sure the answer should be
fairly easy and straight forward once I track it down.

Thanks again,

Steven