error: configure.bat using latest mingw/cvs

Peter Kümmel syntheticpp at gmx.net
Fri Feb 18 11:48:47 CET 2005

Steven Boothe wrote:

>>> Sorry, this is bug in the recipe. Use
>>>
>>> C:\source\qt-3> set QMAKESPEC=win32-msvc
>>> C:\source\qt-3> bin\configure.exe -debug -static
>>>
>>> Peter

This replaces only the wrong lines in the instructions which are
followed by:

and also generate Makefiles for the special Qt build process by calling again:

C:\source\qt-3>configure-mingw.bat -debug -static

>> Here's the output I did end up with following this path:
>>
>> For ...
>> For C:\source\qt-3\tutorial\tutorial.pro
>> Building qt...
>> 'nmake' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
>> operable program or batch file.
>>
>> C:\Source\qt-3>
>>
>> I'm thinking this isn't a good thing if it happened while attempting
>> to "build qt...".
>>
>> Any thoughts?

If you don't call configure-mingw.bat then there will be 'Makefile's for
Visual C++ which produce your errors. configure-mingw.bat generates
the 'Makefile's for mingw.
Peter