License and copyright iussues (was: qwindowxpstyle.cpp)

Chris January chris at atomice.net
Fri Sep 24 14:23:56 CEST 2004

> > Christian Ehrlicher schrieb:
> > > See also
> http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-cygwin&m=109559331726708&w=2.
> > > Their I've asked for this problem but nobody answered... :(
> > >
> > > Christian
> > >

> > What does the " or QPL" mean in practice:
> I'm not very familar with licensing questions and since the
> qt-x11-free-package is dual licensed, I thought we maybe also
> *must* dual license our work when we use x11-free. But it was
> only a suggestion and I'll put in the final license when
> we've created one. What to do when more than one person
> worked on a single file? Is it useful to say who worked on
> which function or is it enough simply put all people worked
> on this file in the header? Or should it then simply licensed
> to 'the kde-cygwin team'?

I've gone through and added copyright notices for each individual who
contributed to Qt-win32 with the appropriate date. Copyrights are only dated
by the year. I've also removed the commercial license clause from every
file. Although we are not obliged to dual license Qt-win32 I suggest we do
because it means more open source developers can link against it. Some of
the files already in CVS are not dual licensed so we will need the consent
of the authors of those files in order to license them under the GPL as
well.

Chris