3_3 branch link problem with mingw

Ivan de Jesus Deras ivan_deras at yahoo.es
Mon Nov 8 20:35:13 CET 2004

GetCharacterPlacement doesn't work for Unicode on
Windows 9x, so we need to implement it in order to
support W9x, here are some links from MSDN:

Although we can the Microsoft layer for Unicode to
support Windows 9x, but i'm don't know if the MSLU
support GetGlypIndices or GetCharacterPlacementW, so
someone else needs to do a little research about that
(Actually i'm very busy, i can't promise to do it, but
i'll try).  Use of MSLU would be good because we can
avoid use of QT_WA or things like that, and use only
xxxW functions.

What do you think???