Some errors in compiling Qt 3/Win32 on Cygwin and other stuff...

Ole Jacob Hagen waterthrill at yahoo.no
Tue Jun 29 08:17:06 CEST 2004

Hi, again.

Ralf Habacker wrote:

>On Saturday 26 June 2004 13:45, Ole Jacob Hagen wrote:
>

>>There was an error in the Makefile, here.
>>But I replaced this Makefile, with the Makefile that was in the
>>QT_WIN32_3_2_BRANCH branch.
>>Then it compiled almost successfully, but there was an error in builing
>>designer.exe-
>>

>Which Makefile are you refereing ? The Makefiles except for qmake are produced
>by qmake. Can you see where the problems are in the related .pro  file  does
>qmake produces wrong makefiles ?

I just followed the compilation instructions, from Qt3/Win32.
The Makefile in the CVS is your Makefile, on your computer. This is for
branch QT_WIN32_3_BRANCH, but if you take a look at the Makefile in
QT_WIN32_3_2_BRANCH, you will have a totally another Makefile, which is
the Main Makefile for building Qt library, examples and tutorial.

>There were some efforts to implement msvc support. At least Peter Kümmel and
>Thaigo Correra from the wpdev project have sumitted some support. Mostly of
>them are in cvs, but at that time no usable configure tool was provided, so I
>applied the patches I saw usefull.
>
>Last week I saw that recent wpdev qt release contains a qt based configure
>tool, which I have tried to apply to the QT_WIN32_3_BRANCH with some errors.
>I will inspect what there is wrong and add this configure to the kde-cygwin
>cvs.

So, this means that Qt3/Win32 will run natively on Windows? As it did
for Mr. Kuemmel?
Well, I was planning to do the same as Mr. Kuemmel, and fix Qt-source,
and thereby compile it with MSVC.
I got his "description" in what to do before compilation, but
unfortunatly I haven't got any time to actually persue this.

When I do, what BRANCH should I patch for, if patching is needed?
There are two branches: qt_win32_3_branch and qt_win32_3_2_branch.
I see that the qt_win32_3_branch is recently patched....Should I use this?

>>Are you reaching your milestones, related to make a native
>>Qt-implementation.
>>

>When the configure is working, a msvc based qt release is much more nearer,
>although there are still some points open (see stage 4 on
>http://kde-cygwin.sourceforge.net/qt3-win32/roadmap.php), but we will see.
>

>The only problem is that currently I have only an old msvc 6++ release, which
>hangs in XP when a compiling or linking error occur, which makes debugging
>very annoying. I will see how far I can reach.

You have installed all service packs to msvc-6.0?