QT3-win32 msvc support

IVAN DE JESUS DERAS TABORA ivan_deras at yahoo.es
Sun Jul 4 00:02:13 CEST 2004

http://www.microsoft.com/msdownload/platformsdk/sdkupdate/

> > But keep in mind that only the core SDK is about
> > 300MB!!!
Really, almost 500MB!!! but includes help and tools
not only header files !!!

> > > may be possible to use the w32api package from
> the
> > > mingw distribution, but as
> > > I said, we haven't tried.
> >
> > Maybe!!!
>
> I've tried and it works with a little patch. I have
> prepared a w32api header
> and lib package as 3rdparty addon for qt, which
> could be used in a
> specialized qmake.conf for the vc++ toolkit.
>
> > 1. Backport and ifdef from the qglobal.h in
> QT-3.2.
>
> I had trouble using the qt3.1 sources. with missing
> symbols in qtl.h. Using
> the qt3.3.1 does not have this problem.
>
> > 2. I was tried to compile QT without stl support
> but
> > it looks like configure.exe do nothing with the
> option
> > -no-stl.
>
> no-stl is the default, that means it does not add
> the term stl to the config
> line of .qmake.cache  You can add -stl to enable stl
> support.
>
> > 3. Some missing libraries in Platform SDK (at
> least 32
> > bits versions) msvcrt.lib, msvcprt.lib, linking
> > errors, to solve this i'd copied this libraries
> from
> > an installation pf VS.NET 2003 and it works, but i
> > don't know other form to get this libraries, maybe
> > installing .NET SDK, it also install header files
> > (windows.h and friends, it install the c compiler
> too,
> > with this it's not neccesary to install the Free
> > toolkit of MSVC, i think!!!), but i haven't tested
> > yet.
>
> If you have a dll it is not very complicated to
> generate an import library.
> Borland for example has a tool called implib. cygwin
> has its dlltool. I don't
> know if ms has a tool like this. Do you know where
> to get the mentioned dll's
> or are they present on each system ?

You are right!, the libraries are msvcrt.dll and
msvcprt.dll, the runtime libraries for MS VC, which
are include in every windows system, i believe !!
And we can use the lib tool (lib.exe) that comes with
Platform SDK to build the .lib files them from the
.dll of the system.

> > With all that qt-mt310.dll was generated but then
> when
> > linking designer i get erros about some symbols
> > duplication.  But QT samples and tutorial compile.
> >
> > i'll tried again with .NET SDK!!!
.NET SDK doesn't include the Windows header files
(windows.h and friends) but it includes the c compiler
(cl.exe) and nmake tool (nmake.exe), but the platform
it's even necessary!!