QT3-win32 msvc support

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Sat Jul 3 23:00:49 CEST 2004

On Saturday 03 July 2004 17:44, IVAN DE JESUS DERAS TABORA wrote:
> --- Ralf Habacker <ralf.habacker at freenet.de> escribió:
> > On Friday 02 July 2004 01:27, Juan Linietsky wrote:
> > > On Thursday 01 July 2004 18:08, Ralf Habacker
<snip>
> > 3. Using the free visualc toolkit: It seems to be
> > compatible to msvc, but it
> > does not have nmake
> > nor it provides the win32 api
> > (windows.h and friends). It
>
> You can get the Microsoft Platform SDK from:
> http://www.microsoft.com/msdownload/platformsdk/sdkupdate/
>
> But keep in mind that only the core SDK is about
> 300MB!!!
>
> > may be possible to use the w32api package from the
> > mingw distribution, but as
> > I said, we haven't tried.
>
> Maybe!!!

I've tried and it works with a little patch. I have prepared a w32api header
and lib package as 3rdparty addon for qt, which could be used in a
specialized qmake.conf for the vc++ toolkit.

> 1. Backport and ifdef from the qglobal.h in QT-3.2.

I had trouble using the qt3.1 sources. with missing symbols in qtl.h. Using
the qt3.3.1 does not have this problem.

> 2. I was tried to compile QT without stl support but
> it looks like configure.exe do nothing with the option
> -no-stl.

no-stl is the default, that means it does not add the term stl to the config
line of .qmake.cache  You can add -stl to enable stl support.

> 3. Some missing libraries in Platform SDK (at least 32
> bits versions) msvcrt.lib, msvcprt.lib, linking
> errors, to solve this i'd copied this libraries from
> an installation pf VS.NET 2003 and it works, but i
> don't know other form to get this libraries, maybe
> installing .NET SDK, it also install header files
> (windows.h and friends, it install the c compiler too,
> with this it's not neccesary to install the Free
> toolkit of MSVC, i think!!!), but i haven't tested
> yet.

If you have a dll it is not very complicated to generate an import library.
Borland for example has a tool called implib. cygwin has its dlltool. I don't
know if ms has a tool like this. Do you know where to get the mentioned dll's
or are they present on each system ?