kmail maildir patches???

Holger Karl karl at ee.tu-berlin.de
Sun Feb 15 10:55:01 CET 2004

Hi,

just a brief follow-up here: I just copied a sizeable amount of mails (>
30.000, > 3 GB) to kmail-on-cywin (renaming : for _) and kmail seemed to be
quite happy about it. Certainly faster than what I had expected it to be.

The only problem I noticed is with the index files. Occasionally, when
switching between folders, existing mails where shown as "No subject/No
sender" with empty body. Also, doing a "Mark all emails as read" via the
right-click folder menu didn't work as expected but seemed to corrupt the
index file.

Quitting kmail, manually deleting that particular folder's index file always
cured the problem, as far as I can tell.

Thanks a bundle for the work!

Cheers,

Holger