QT/WIN32: VC Patches

thiagoacorrea thiagoacorrea at uol.com.br
Mon Apr 26 19:39:28 CEST 2004

> > > 3. qthread_win.cpp  -
> > >  How much is this complete. How stable is this implement
ation ?

> > Works great with Wolfpack. Used ZThread to figure out the
implementation
> > for some of it, it was great since ZThread supports both w
in32 and pthreads
> > I could check the win32 counterpart of the calls to pthrea
d. The Thread
> > Specific Storage was very easy to pick up from MSDN direct
ly, but that
> > stuff I never tested.
>
> Initial I have thought about using the pthread library becau
se it is already
> available and tested in the qt x11 release. Does it have mor
e advantages to
> implement a native thread implementation with all required t
ests to get this
> working wthout failures as using the pthread library with on
ly very little
> efforts ?

I think it does. First of all you don't need another
library :)
Using TrollTech's building system is the best way to go imho.
Also, pthread for win32 is a wrapper, we would be doing a
wrapper over another wrapper. Also, I think the threading is
quite easy compared to the rest :)
The font stuff for one is sth that I really can't figure
out :)

---
AntiPop-up UOL - É grátis!
http://antipopup.uol.com.br