QT/WIN32: VC Patches

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Mon Apr 26 17:50:21 CEST 2004

On Monday 26 April 2004 03:12, Thiago A. Corrêa wrote:
> Ralf, you are looking at the wrong place *smile*
>
> it's not in CVS, it's in the files.
> Qt port is not the primary concern of the project (Wolfpack), so I didn't
> want to polute CVS ;)

Okay, that explain why I haven't found this there.

> > 3. qthread_win.cpp  -
> >  How much is this complete. How stable is this implementation ?
>
> Works great with Wolfpack. Used ZThread to figure out the implementation
> for some of it, it was great since ZThread supports both win32 and pthreads
> I could check the win32 counterpart of the calls to pthread. The Thread
> Specific Storage was very easy to pick up from MSDN directly, but that
> stuff I never tested.

Initial I have thought about using the pthread library because it is already
available and tested in the qt x11 release. Does it have more advantages to
implement a native thread implementation with all required tests to get this
working wthout failures as using the pthread library with only very little
efforts ?

> > 4. qsocketdevice_win.cpp -
> > question like above: How much is this complete. How stable is this
> > implementation ?
>
> Wolfpack uses non-blocking TCP, and it works great. Also works good with
> blocking TCP. Never tried out with UDP. Also, new Qt has IPv6 support, but
> I couldn't figure out, so the newer qt-win-free packages in Wolfpack
> doesn't have anything related to IPv6.
>
> > Additional: Would it not be easier to add #define E... WSAE... at the >
> beginning of the file and to leave the E message in the source, which makes
> it easier to compare the implementation with the unix one.?
>
> Maybe, but at the time it was a way lot easier to just WSA things the
> compiler couldn't figure out ;)

Okay, this can be done later.

> > 6. The qfontengine_win.cpp implementation isn't complete. I assume have
> >you make a msvc compilable qt version without gui functionality.

> That's right. Wolfpack's port for all of the GUI stuff is just like that,
> empty functions.

Thanks