QT/WIN32: VC Patches

IVAN DE JESUS DERAS TABORA ivan_deras at yahoo.es
Sun Apr 25 05:05:25 CEST 2004

 --- Alvyn Liang <sacch.liang at msa.hinet.net> escribió:
> Oh, I see...
>
> Does that mean the current QT3 Win32 source was
> derived from the GPL version of QT3?

More specificaly, it was derived from the GPL QT3 X11
version ...

> We have already got QT3 working on cygwin, which can
> be built by g++. So, I take it as we want a version
> of QT3 that can be compiled
> by mingw. Or, perhaps VC as well.
> Am I right?
GPL version of QT3-X11 can be built on Cygwin using
XFree86 Cygwin Port using g++, and it can be built
using another compilers.

> What you said "making the necesary changes to map X
> drawing with GDI drawing", does that mean we are
> mapping the X drawing to
> windows ports in windows compilers?

Remember that we took the GPL QT3-X11 version, and
changed the X11 drawing stuff to use Win32 GDI drawing
stuff!!!
And in the future we will change the another stuff to
also use Win32 native stuff, like IO, networking, etc.

For more info about this you could see:
http://kde-cygwin.sourceforge.net/qt3-win32/roadmap.php

> Please don't think I am making a joke. I am really
> trying to understand it. >_<
OK