Offer to merging with my own port

Thiago A. Corrêa thiagoacorrea at uol.com.br
Tue Sep 30 09:25:01 CEST 2003

> i think it should happen in the following order (just an advice...) :
>
> 1. ivan imports his changes into the actual cvs.
> 2. somebody updates cvs to qt 3.2.1
> 3. thiago can start working on importing his changes.

Yeah, I agree that should be the best way to go for it.

In my port I had always used stubs for the GUI stuff. I've been doing some
testings, merging your code into mine and I noticed some of the internals
have changed a bit. Specially QPixmap and the Font related classes. Also,
some stuff from qapplication_x11.cpp moved into qeventloop_x11.cpp.

I suppose part 2 may take a little while to figure out how the new code
works.
Meanwhile, I think I should try my code base with mingw, as my main compiler
is Visual C++ 6, and try to improve my configure.exe and install procedure.