Offer to merging with my own port

RichardLärkäng nouseforaname at home.se
Tue Sep 30 15:07:54 CEST 2003

Hi!

On Tuesday 30 September 2003 13.25, Thiago A. Corrêa wrote:
> > i think it should happen in the following order (just an advice...) :
> >
> > 1. ivan imports his changes into the actual cvs.
> > 2. somebody updates cvs to qt 3.2.1
> > 3. thiago can start working on importing his changes.
>
> I suppose part 2 may take a little while to figure out how the new code
> works.

Maybe I can explain how I did when moving from qt 2 to 3.

I just took the qt 3.1 sources, and then put the old *_win files from qt 2 in
there, instead of trying to merge it in with patches. Then I adapted it to
compile, and work with the new release.

This might not be the best way, but at least it worked for me, as I quickly
got to a state where I could see what was needed to be worked on.

Richard