scribus note

Ralf Habacker Ralf.Habacker at freenet.de
Wed Oct 1 23:31:52 CEST 2003

Hi,

an additional note about a KDE application which uses more and more the
kde-cygwin port.

"Other examples:

On the Win2k box which I test built versions of Scribus, The screen
display was overall sharper and less flickery than the Linux box I have
at home - and they have the same monitors with the same refresh rate. It
simply has a superior video card and very stable updated Win2k drivers.
Even with the beta ports of Qt and KDE on Win2k with the slower I/O from
way POSIX sockets are handled , the display is excellent and redraw is
snappy both with Scribus and KDE3. You can see the screen shots on the
kde cygwin page on line with the docs. "

For the whole text see
http://nashi.altmuehlnet.de/pipermail/scribus/2003-August/001802.html