cannot make QT_WIN32_2

Ralf Habacker kde-cygwin@mail.kde.org
Sat, 8 Feb 2003 18:04:29 +0100

> well, as much as i understand it, every shell script has to start with
> #!/bin/sh
> or something, so that the shell can determine which shell it should feed
> this script into. this is not the case in the current configure.cygwin.
the other point is that my checked out configure.cygwin has no execute rights.
> i donīt know if cygwin handles that exactly the same way as linux, but a
> program without x rights cannot be executed.

no not exactly, only applications and dll's (!) has must have x rights.

> when you type . configure.cygwin the shell simply reads the file and
> does the same as if you would copy and paste it line by line into a
> shell window.
>
> this works fine for me, but the ./configure.cygwin does not work for me.
> so for making it easier for other people to test this, ralf, could you
> change the line in the compiling instructions, or are there any objections
against
> this?

You'r the first one, who told me something like this. I don't know which
configuration do you have, but this works for me at least for about two years.

ls configure.cygwin -l
-rw-rw-rw-    1 habacker Jeder         161 Feb  5 10:52 configure.cygwin
habacker@BRAMSCHE ~/src/cvs.kde-cygwin.sf.net/qt2-win32
$ ./configure.cygwin
   The environment variable $QTDIR is not set correctly. It is currently
   set to "/usr/lib/qt3", but it should be set to this directory,
   which is "/home/habacker/src/cvs.kde-cygwin.sf.net/qt2-win32".

$ echo $CYGWIN
ntsec nosmbntsec

a checkout file will not be have x rights set, so the best way seems to me to
change the website and not the scripts. I will update this.

Ralf