tarballs for KDE-cygwin 3.1.1 ?

Ralf Habacker Ralf.Habacker at freenet.de
Sun Apr 27 23:08:03 CEST 2003

> Where do I find the tarballs for 3.1.1?  I can't seem to find anything
> kde-3 related on mirror:
>
>     http://belnet.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/kde-cygwin/
>
> besides `setup-kde-3.1.1-b1.exe'.
>
> I'd like to add noteedit to my cygwin cross build environment.  All
> seems well including qt3 detection, but it seems that my qt app needs
> kde lib too.  I'm sorry to say that I didn't succeed in getting
> anything useful from the `easy as ever before' installer yet:
>
>     $ file setup-kde-3.1.1-b1.exe
>     setup-kde-3.1.1-b1.exe: MS-DOS executable (EXE), OS/2 or MS Windows
>     $ unzip setup-kde-3.1.1-b1.exe
>     Archive:  setup-kde-3.1.1-b1.exe
>       End-of-central-directory signature not found.  Either this file is not
>       a zipfile, or it constitutes one disk of a multi-part archive.  In the
>       latter case the central directory and zipfile comment will be found on
>       the last disk(s) of this archive.
>     unzip:  cannot find zipfile directory in one of setup-kde-3.1.1-b1.exe or
>             setup-kde-3.1.1-b1.exe.zip, and cannot find
> setup-kde-3.1.1-b1.exe.ZIP,
>     period.

Are you refering to (1) the development header and libs or (2) the executables
and dll's . For the latter simple execute setup-kde-3.1.1-b1.exe and install it.
Then you can grab single files of this release.
For (1) wait until the develop package and a special ld build will be released,
which is in preparation (probably next week).

BTW: The executable you are refering too is an output of the inno setup
compiler.

Cheers