qt 3.1 port planing

Ralf Habacker kde-cygwin@mail.kde.org
Mon, 18 Nov 2002 09:45:41 +0100

> > 2. Then the cvs merging problems has to be fixed. One often problem is,
> that the
> > kde-cygwin sources uses $ID:$,
> > the qt-copy from kde does not, so that the merge produces conflicts like
> this.
> >
> > Does anyone have a perl (-e) script for this or does anyone know a better
> > solutions perhaps on the update command let me know. Then this must be
> checked
> > in on top of the QT_CYGWIN_3_1_BRANCH branch.
>
> I solved the problem for me this way:
>
> diff -crwBP --exclude mkspecs/freebs --exclude mkspecs/debian --exclude
> \.cvsignore -I'$Id' qt304 qt3kde | tee qt-kde.diff
>
> I'm using the diff option "-I" to ignore the $Id lines and the option
> "--exclude" to ignore files like ".cvsignore".

This is very interessting for generating diff's, but i fear this doesn't help
with the merge because the cvs update command didn't handle this case. I have
read in the cvs manual to use -ko, but this has to be used for the first import
and this is to late for now.

So a real script, which does the text replacement is required.

Ralf