rebase tool

Ralf Habacker kde-cygwin@mail.kde.org
Wed, 20 Feb 2002 08:11:05 +0100

Okay, thats another point. I remember reading about this topic in the cygwin list, but hadn't followed the thread
very deaply.
What about adding such a tool in the startkde script.
We can perhaps use the available rebase tool as a base, which is able to list the installed dll's base addresses
and than can decide, how to rebase the dll's. Because rebasing need some time this should be done only the first
time. This could be done by writing some state file or something else.

> > Additional cygwin setup supports post-install commands, so when kde is
> integrated in cygwin sometime in the future,
> > this could be used.
> Good luck trying to get kde integrated...
Why not, do you see any problems ? The only problem I see are the download times because of the sizes of the
packages.
When xfree is integrated, we can add qt (probably first qt 1.45 and kde 1.1.2) and later qt-2.3.0 and kde 2.2.1.
For kde 1.1.2 I have done this on the kde-cygwin download site with a special setup.exe, which works very well.
The cygwin guys like to see this added :-)

Ralf