New repo in kdereview: KRecorder

Devin espidev at gmail.com
Thu Nov 24 23:32:13 GMT 2022

> I can still see this: https://i.imgur.com/MrrwyAo.jpg

No matter how I try to resize the window, I can't seem to reproduce
the issue... weird

> When I look at other platforms, what I see is that it's common and traditional for the *record* button to be a red circle, but the stop button is always a black square. And stopping the recording isn't destructive; *deleting* the recording is destructive.

I changed it to be the highlight colour, and changed the playback view
as well to use the same component.

> I found a new issue: when dragging the window, the view backgrounds become partially transparent  during the drag, as if I had the Translucency KWin effect active--but I do not. In addition, after the window id dropped, its background flickers a bit. None of my other windows do this, and KRecorder didn't do this the last time I did it.

This is strange, I did add a blur behind the window a month back, but
it shouldn't be making the window transparent during drag... I don't
currently experience this

> Maybe when we're in widescreen mode and there are no recordings, the right pane's placeholder message could have no action and simply say "Click the "Record" button to make a new recording". It can probably remove the "Record a new recording" action even when there are any recordings, since the left pane always has a "Record" action in its header.

Added