Koko in KDEReview

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Sat Mar 13 23:22:20 GMT 2021

El dissabte, 13 de març de 2021, a les 20:14:26 CET, Carl Schwan va escriure:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to move Koko to KDEReview. Koko is a convergent image
> viewer that works on both Plasma Desktop and Plasma Mobile. It's the
> second try of Koko in KDEReview, the first try failed[1] because Koko
> didn't really worked with traditional packaging and was too focused
> on the mobile usecase.
>
> Since the first attempt, a lot of things changed. There is now
> packaging instructions in the readme, and a lot of features have
> been added:
>
> * Simple image editor
> * Metadata editing and viewing (contributed by Mikel)
> * Slideshow (contributed by Mike)
> * Allow to open images from Dolphin with Koko
> * Better share dialog
> * Better file browsing (contributed by Mikel and me)
> * Remote folder browsing with KIO
> * Better indexing with live updates (contributed by Mikel)
> * Bookmark folders (contributed by Mikel)
> * Support of animated images (contributed by Mikel and me)
> * Make it possible to add pictures to favorites (contributed by Mikel)
>
> There are additionally two features that will hopefully be added soon:
>
> * File operation (copy, move, delete, ...)
> * A better single image editor. Currently it is using simple QImage
> manipulation with a command pattern but to make it a bit more powerful
> and to support filters and other useful features this won't work. So
> I have been experimenting with glsl shaders and then rendering the
> image in an offscreen windows and another way and probably the safest one
> in term of maintenance and features of using the gegl library from GIMP.
> I would appreciate some opinions about that.
>
> The repo: https://invent.kde.org/graphics/koko
> The repo for the image editor: https://invent.kde.org/libraries/kquickimageeditor/
> (required for koko to run)

These two seem like should be fixable relatively easily

	QCommandLineParser: already having an option named "h"
	QCommandLineParser: already having an option named "help-all"
	QCommandLineParser: already having an option named "v"

	qrc:/qml/SelectionDelegateHighlight.qml:13: TypeError: Cannot read property 'z' of undefined

While watching a photo in a folder, if i press Fullscreen i lose keyboard navigation with left/right arrows

The "Select All" button does nothing? Or i don't understand what it does ^_^ Ahhhhhhh i see, it only selects images, not folders, that's a bit confusing. Maybe rename to Select All Images? Or it will be too long?

I would like to be able to move myself around in the "folder view" with the keyboard, but i understand that if this is mainly mobile oriented that's probably not so important.

I would really like if we had a kxmlgui equivalent for QtQuick that gave me the "configure shortcuts" and stuff functionality, but that's unrelated to koko :)

Cheers,
  Albert