Adding multitouch touchpad integration to KDE and KDE application

Anurag Dhadse anudhadse66 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 8 12:15:56 GMT 2021

Hello KDE core developers.
I am a fan of KDE as the most usable and customizable Desktop Environment
out there. Even the motto says "Simple by default, powerful when needed".
But I think KDE lacks the amazing productivity power it can achieve when
completely "integrated" with gestures.
By "integrated" I does not that mean few gesture that the user MUST
configure AFTER he has installed KDE, *BUT* gesture that *comes by default* to
open overview, switch application, forward and backward navigation
configurable from System Settings for all KDE applications (atleast), and
1:1 gesture for Virtual desktop transition and much more.

The only thing that inhibits my adoption of KDE is gestures and making this
integration can make KDE set far ahead of time.

I personally am not familiar with the KDE codebase, but would like to do
this integration and would require your support to take the necessary
steps, lay the foundation to make KDE better for everybody. I know this is
a much difficult than stating here but this can bring a good user
experience to laptop users.

Thanking you all.