KCGroups in KDEreview

Henri Chain henri.chain at enioka.com
Thu Nov 26 10:46:10 GMT 2020

On Friday, November 20, 2020 8:29:33 PM CET Jacky Alcine wrote:
> This is exciting! Is it needed to explicitly put "cgroups" in the name?
> (What I'm really asking is if there's a way to have this work in a
> cross-platform way)

Yes, this library takes advantage of cgroups resource control, and nothing
truly comparable exists outside of linux. It does so by leveraging systemd
which is also a requirement.
The process grouping part can probably be ported however. Windows and Mac OS X
both have this kind of thing, but it might require escalation.
I currently don't have plans to make this a platform independent library but
it could be a long term goal.