KCGroups in KDEreview

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Sat Nov 21 00:38:47 GMT 2020

El divendres, 20 de novembre de 2020, a les 14:55:16 CET, Henri Chain va escriure:
> Hello everyone,
>
> KCgroups has been moved to KDEReview !
> What is that, you ask ? It's a library that wraps the systemd dbus API to
> expose a higher-level concept of desktop application and allow control of its
> system resource usage (CPU, RAM, IO, etc).
>
> It relies on the recent ability of plasma to launch applications in their own
> systemd scopes, with correspond to cgroups and provides a more robust
> definition for an application (more details at https://lwn.net/Articles/834329/
> ) .
>
> The main use of the library is to expose related resource control settings for
> those applications, at a user space level that other KDE applications and
> frameworks can use, including consumption straight from QML as demonstrated in
> the test application.
>
> KCgroups is intended to become a (Tier 1) framework. A first user of this
> library might be the foreground window CPU booster daemon that is available
> here: https://invent.kde.org/libraries/kcgroups/-/tree/work/foreground-booster
>
> Packages are already available for both Neon and Arch Linux.
>
> Looking forward to your feedback and ideas for using this,

I'm a bit scared about your optional class being there all in the main namespace. I'd suggest putting in some "namespace kcgroups{}" or name it kcgoptional or something.

you have a few properties without NOTIFY, ideally you should either add it if they can change or mark them as CONSTANT if they can't.

Cheers,
  Albert