Move Koko to KDEReview

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Tue Jun 16 00:00:33 BST 2020

Carl Schwan wrote:
> I asked a few packagers I know and for them, since the packagers can
> download the files and put them into the tarball, it should be fine.

Then why don't you put them into the tarball? Or should they get packaged as
a separate package that you can then depend on?

> But they also said that it would be way better to have it fetched as run
> time,

While that would at least not fail the build in Fedora, packages downloading
additional files at runtime that they need to be able to do anything is
somewhat frowned upon around here. (Whether you will get away with it
depends on what the files do and what license they fall under.)

I personally do not think that it is acceptable for an image viewer to
require an Internet connection at runtime. Your proposed solution only moves
the problem instead of solving it.

        Kevin Kofler