Importing kdiff3 - was - Re: Aw: Re: KDE inclusion

Kevin Funk kfunk at kde.org
Fri Jan 26 11:54:33 GMT 2018

On Friday, 26 January 2018 08:27:55 CET Kevin Ottens wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On Thursday, 25 January 2018 22:35:37 CET Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> > El dijous, 25 de gener de 2018, a les 9:01:10 CET, Kevin Ottens va
escriure:

> > > Oh come on... the bad mean bureaucracy argument now. Wanna look at the
> > > Eclipse incubation process? Or the Apache one?
> >
> > Can I use the "if all your friends jump from a balcony will you do it"
> > defense?
>
> Not really since my point was more that what we have in place is very very
> far from bureaucracy not that we should replicate other's bureaucracy. If
> you want an example of bureaucracy look at those friends who jump from a
> balcony. ;-)
> > > Seriously it's just about having a person already within the community
> > > making sure the new project needs get catered to and also making sure
> > > the
> > > new project is on the right path to put in place rules and procedures
> > > compatible with the rest of the community (and the Manifesto).
> >
> > But how do you find that person? You're just an 'outsider', how do you
> > find
> > a random person to be your incubator guy? Because as it happens, it's the
> > second time in a month or something that i have to volunteer.
>
> Ah! That is interesting feedback. You're correct that we're currently
> assuming that someone will step in to do that and that there's enough of us
> and that we're responsible enough to do that when we see something we're
> interested in.
>
> Personally for kdiff3, I'd have expected Kevin Funk to end up doing it,
> indeed he was first responder with "I'd love to see kdiff3 being adopted by
> KDE again". To me he sounded like a perfect sponsor.

Heya,

Sorry that wasn't clear from my mail.

Several reasons I'd be rather not do it: I'm reaaally lacking time and focus
to go through the whole process at this point; and adding to that I'm not
familiar with the incubation process myself either...

I just expressed that I'd love to see it happen, in general. Somehow. :)

Regards,
Kevin