Importing kdiff3 - was - Re: Aw: Re: KDE inclusion

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Fri Jan 26 16:51:13 GMT 2018

On Wednesday, January 24, 2018 6:08:03 PM EST Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> El dimecres, 24 de gener de 2018, a les 17:34:16 CET, Kevin Funk va
escriure:
> > On Wednesday, 24 January 2018 16:24:10 CET Michael Reeves wrote:
> > > A little confused on where to start with this sponsor thing.
> >
> > Huh? 'sponsor thing'? :)
>
> I guess it's regarding the
> https://community.kde.org/Incubator/Incubation_Process
>
> Which to my understanding was supposed to be a voluntary thing but it seems
> some people are forcing it on every single new project.

The amounts of "must" and "can't" on the page make it seem very non-voluntary.
And like Kevin and Kevin, I have thought that this was *not* voluntary.

Same time, the states can be described as "provides absolutely minimal
information needed to be a project", "communicates well with one person, the
sponsor", "participates in the KDE community", "dead". Those are not a lot of
bureaucracy (well, there is mention of a "committee", which I don't see
defined anywhere).

The role of the sponsor described in the process is quite an active one:
there's a number of steps to be taken, and communication to be handled.
Probably not more than a few hours across several weeks, but it needs watching
over.

[ade]