liquidshell in kdereview

Martin Koller kollix at aon.at
Mon Nov 6 18:13:36 GMT 2017

On Montag, 6. November 2017 10:03:05 CET Tomaz Canabrava wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 6, 2017 at 8:31 AM, Martin Koller <kollix at aon.at> wrote:

> > weeks - liquidshell

> > > Hi Martin,
> > > I'm a bit confused, who is liquidshell for?
> >
> > Whoever does not like plasmashell, for whatever reason.
> > My reasons are mentioned in the README or the announcement mail.
> > Free software is about choice, no ?
> >

> It is, of course. Then, it's also about non-fragmentation, and you know,
> human resources are spare.
> I know it's your time and your project and I will never tell you what to
> do,
> but considering that there's lxqt which  exists basically for the same
> 'whatever reasons', why not help them instead of creating yet another
> desktop shell?

lxqt say on their web page "The Lightweight Qt Desktop Environment"

I don't want to create yet another Desktop Environment.
I was just unhappy with plasmashell, which liquidshell replaces

--
Best regards/Schöne Grüße

Martin
A: Because it breaks the logical sequence of discussion
Q: Why is top posting bad?

/\                        - against proprietary attachments

Geschenkideen, Accessoires, Seifen, Kulinarisches: www.lillehus.at