liquidshell in kdereview

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Mon Nov 6 20:57:09 GMT 2017

On 2017 M11 6, Mon 19:13:36 CET Martin Koller wrote:
> On Montag, 6. November 2017 10:03:05 CET Tomaz Canabrava wrote:

> > > weeks - liquidshell

> > > Whoever does not like plasmashell, for whatever reason.
> > > My reasons are mentioned in the README or the announcement mail.
> > > Free software is about choice, no ?
> >
> > It is, of course. Then, it's also about non-fragmentation, and you know,
> > human resources are spare.
> > I know it's your time and your project and I will never tell you what to
> > do,
> > but considering that there's lxqt which  exists basically for the same
> > 'whatever reasons', why not help them instead of creating yet another
> > desktop shell?
>
> lxqt say on their web page "The Lightweight Qt Desktop Environment"
>
> I don't want to create yet another Desktop Environment.
> I was just unhappy with plasmashell, which liquidshell replaces

I tried lxqt too once, and while nice, I found quite some things lacking, IIRC
if because it replaces really a lot of things and not only plasmashell.
So while joining forces with lxqt sounds very obvious, lxqt AFAIK has a much
wider focus, so I can understand starting a project which is "just" a
replacement for plasmashell.

Alex