liquidshell in kdereview

Albert Astals Cid tsdgeos at yahoo.es
Mon Nov 6 20:59:01 GMT 2017

Sorry for top postiing, stupid webmail.

Almost all projects start as a one man project, if you reject those you're basically making impossible for them to grow.

Cheers,
  Albert

En lunes, 6 de noviembre de 2017 15:31:34 CET, Tomaz Canabrava <tcanabrava at kde.org> escribió:

On Mon, Nov 6, 2017 at 1:30 PM, Alexander Potashev <aspotashev at gmail.com> wrote:
>> You're free to work on whatever you like to of course, but to me this sounds
>> like wasted effort. Your good incentives would be better spent with joining up
>> with others aiming for the same (LxQt for instance).
>
> Hi,
>
> I had a bad impression of LxQt because:
>  1. it didn't work for me out of the box,

For many people kde applications don't work out of the box too.

>   2. it consists of many components, it's hard to figure out which of
> them are optional,

Also true for kde applications.

>   3. it has poor infrastructure compared to KDE, e.g. their i18n server
> hadn't been working for about a year.

I cant comment on that - but the project seems to be alive as there was a new release just last month with a lot of changes, also they use kf5 libraries where needed.

>  Thus liquidshell looks better to me than lxqt; joining an inferior
> project is not a good idea.

please refrain from using words like 'inferior' for a project as it's not helpful.
Currently the whole code for liquidshell is done for one person, and we (as in the KDE Sc) suffer for a lot of good projects and ideas that as soon as the original developers get tired the project stalls,
like Macaw Movie, Spectacle, Baloo and quite a few others - so I'm really afraid of a one-man-project that's basically what other many projects already do.

About liquidshell, I tried but it didn't even compile on my machine (some issue with Solid)