CI Requirements - Lessons Not Learnt?

Martin Gräßlin mgraesslin at kde.org
Fri Jan 13 09:44:32 GMT 2017

Am 13. Januar 2017 07:42:21 MEZ schrieb Ben Cooksley <bcooksley at kde.org>:
>On Fri, Jan 13, 2017 at 7:39 PM, Martin Gräßlin <mgraesslin at kde.org>
>wrote:

>developers

>>> No, code review isn't for every developer to review every single
>patch
>>> that comes across just to see if it introduces a dependency bump.
>The
>>> cyclomatic complexity of that kind of review graph would be quite
>>> extreme ;).
>>

>> I'm sure every member of a team knows how to inform the team. For
>Plasma
>> it would be code review. For other teams it might be a different way.
>
>Please remember that your software is built by others outside the
>Plasma team.
>Just letting the members of the Plasma team know isn't very considerate
>to them.

Sure, every time I need a new dep I'm going to do a bikeshed discussion like this one. That was the last time I'm going through this. I can do better things with my time. No, thank you. After the experience in this thread I can only advise everybody to never ever tell the larger KDE community that you are going to update the dep.

Yesterday evening I had already started writing the mail to Plasma devel about me stepping down as KWin maintainer. That is the result of useless, distrusting bikeshed discussion about new dependencies.

Cheers
Martin