announcement: Kwave is in kdereview

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Wed Oct 26 23:50:42 BST 2016

El dijous, 13 d’octubre de 2016, a les 6:37:18 CEST, Thomas Eschenbacher va
escriure:

Here it is https://paste.kde.org/py9sdo355

> BTW: what about using https://sourceforge.net/p/kwave/bugs/ for all that?
>
> > You don't seem to be using some of the nice stuff that KF5 provides, I
> > miss the "Configure Shortcuts" dialog :/
> That's just a lack of time and also nobody requested it so far. You can
> file a feature request for that and I will take it up when I have some time.
>
> -> https://sourceforge.net/p/kwave/feature-requests/
>
> > valgrind did report some memory leaks in Kwave::MenuSub::insertLeaf
> > and then there's a few in libasound that you may want to check if it
> > is that you're forgetting to free/close some asound
> > structures/something.
>
> I guess these are false alerts, I get hundreds of these, especially from
> all kinds of GUI elements.

I disagree. Yes Qt and X11 have some false positives, but you seem to have
very real ones.

For example let's see Kwave::MenuNode::joinGroup

In it you create a Kwave::MenuGroup and add it group_list, , but where is it
deleted? I did a quick search and i can't find it being deleted, and valgrind
seems to agree, i.e https://paste.kde.org/pagwd6pm5

Cheers,
  Albert