announcement: Kwave is in kdereview / recording / memory leak

Thomas Eschenbacher Thomas.Eschenbacher at gmx.de
Thu Oct 27 20:10:35 BST 2016

Albert Astals Cid wrote:

[...]
>>> Pressed File->record and i got
>>>
>>>    http://i.imgur.com/DUhCvVA.png
>>>
>>> I guess that's probably because that user doesn't have enough
>>> permissions to use some of the sound stuff that is neede, but a nicer
>>> error dialog would be really appreciated.
>>
>> Interesting, I never had this. Could you please send me the complete
>> console output? Otherwise it is hard to do any diagnostics...
>
> Here it is https://paste.kde.org/py9sdo355

I can not see where such an error message box should come from...
Are you sure you use the current git version of Kwave?
Are you sure that you do not have another version of Kwave installed on
your system (possibly bringing in old plugin versions)? As Kwave
directly uses ALSA output (which is not the preferred default) I can
conclude that you used Kwave before and have a config file from an older
version.

Could you please check the things above and provide a *complete* log
file, from the start of the program (including the version number)?

> [...]
>>> valgrind did report some memory leaks in Kwave::MenuSub::insertLeaf
>>> and then there's a few in libasound that you may want to check if it
>>> is that you're forgetting to free/close some asound
>>> structures/something.

ok, fixed in 4d6020cfcd08c1bb6e9bca7d8590ecc527def56d

regards,
   Thomas