announcement: Kwave is in kdereview

David Faure faure at kde.org
Fri Oct 14 06:11:18 BST 2016

On jeudi 13 octobre 2016 06:37:18 PDT Thomas Eschenbacher wrote:
> > kf5.kcoreaddons.kaboutdata: Could not initialize the equivalent properties
> > of Q*Application: no instance (yet) existing.
>
> I am not aware of doing anything wrong in that place.

I told you already what you are doing wrong in that place: you are creating
the about data before the application instance, and that's exactly what
kaboutdata is telling you above. I know this used to be the way to do it in
qt4/kdelibs4, but it is not the way to do it in qt5/kf5. Please take a look at
any KF5-based application, let's say dolphin.
https://lxr.kde.org/source/kde/applications//dolphin/src/main.cpp
(and check out the number of I18N_NOOP in that file: none).

If your comment was only about About->kwave, then look for i18n("").
If you don't find it, then put a breakpoint in the ki18n warning or in
qt_message_output. But since this is related to KAboutData, I recommend fixing
main.cpp before spending time investigating the About->kwave issue.

Working on KDE Frameworks 5