KDE file dialog

Martin Koller kollix at aon.at
Sun Feb 28 14:49:09 GMT 2016

In KDE4 times there was a common file dialog for the applications, I think this is what KFileDialog was made for.
Now where some applications are already ported to KF5, there seems to be no such thing anymore
(or it does not work here).
KFileDialog is deprecated, QFileDialog does not have the functionality of KFileDialog (e.g. aside preview).
As I find KFileWidget having e.g. preview possibility, I assume QFileDialog would use this widget via
the platform integration, right ?
If so, does this only work when running plasma5 as desktop or is there a way to get the KDE4 features
in KF5 application file dialogs even when running inside a KDE4 session ?

--
Best regards/Schöne Grüße

Martin
A: Because it breaks the logical sequence of discussion
Q: Why is top posting bad?

/\                        - against proprietary attachments

Geschenkideen, Accessoires, Seifen, Kulinarisches: www.lillehus.at