KDE file dialog

Luigi Toscano luigi.toscano at tiscali.it
Sun Feb 28 14:58:20 GMT 2016

Martin Koller ha scritto:
> In KDE4 times there was a common file dialog for the applications, I think this is what KFileDialog was made for.
> Now where some applications are already ported to KF5, there seems to be no such thing anymore
> (or it does not work here).
> KFileDialog is deprecated, QFileDialog does not have the functionality of KFileDialog (e.g. aside preview).
> As I find KFileWidget having e.g. preview possibility, I assume QFileDialog would use this widget via
> the platform integration, right ?
> If so, does this only work when running plasma5 as desktop or is there a way to get the KDE4 features
> in KF5 application file dialogs even when running inside a KDE4 session ?

This is what I use:
export QT_QPA_PLATFORMTHEME=kde

and  you need the integration plugin installed. It used to be part of
Frameworks (frameworksintegration), it will be part of Plasma (but hopefully
still usable without).
The idea is that other desktop environments will provide their own integration
plugin, but I agree that there are use cases where this won't happen (run
application as root, run as another user, minor Qt-based desktop environments,
etc). That said, I'm just an user regarding Plasma stuff.

Ciao
--
Luigi