[KDE/Mac] Multiplatform frameworks

Jeremy Whiting jpwhiting at kde.org
Mon Mar 2 12:42:05 GMT 2015

Ian,

I read that KDEInstallDirs documentation, and it seems it's a bit outdated
or at least not complete. If I change just -DKDE_INSTALL_DATADIR but
nothing else here. kdesrc-build is installing data (stuff that went under
$prefix/share) in "~/Library/Application Support" but nothing else so far.
For example .desktop files for applications are currently in
/usr/local/share/applications and kservice5 stuff is still in
/usr/local/share/kservices5. Now after rereading that page it seems I
changed the DATA_INSTALL_DIR but not the DATAROOTDIR, and since I set it to
an absolute path it's installing those files correctly. I guess ultimately
we would need/want to change all those paths on OS X. In my test here I've
simply added -DKDE_INSTALL_DATADIR="/Users/jeremy/Library/Application
Support" to the cmake options in my ~/.kdesrc-buildrc If there's somewhere
where default cmake arguments are set per platform maybe that would be
better to use and we can figure out the best places for all of these
various paths one at a time.

BR,
Jeremy