Sysadmin report on the modernization of our infrastructure

Jan Kundrát jkt at kde.org
Thu Jan 22 01:40:19 GMT 2015

On Wednesday, 21 January 2015 23:12:33 CEST, Thomas Lübking wrote:
> The bug cooked up for asking google about gerrit and scratch repos.
> The problem is that pushing into any branch would close a
> review - I can only assume it was linked in the mail thread I
> found because a similar issue would affect clones etc. (ie.
> likely when the change-id gets pushed anywhere)
>
> My uninformed guess would be to handle the change-id smarter,
> ie. bind it to a branch (and pot. repo)

IMHO, a pretty straightforward option is to close bugzilla entries once a
change is approved and lands in an appropriate branch, and that's easy with
Gerrit's its-bugzilla plugin. It is possible to specify which branches are
appropriate, of course.

> Thanks - looks actually nice (and supports dumb diffs ;-)
> Sicne I've no mediawiki account: do you know whether it already
> allows ppl. to access (all) "their" patches w/o modifications
> (ie. like the RB dashboard) as well?

Yes. Their instance doesn't keep a "secondary index" which limits
searching, but a proper query would be something like
"owner:you at example.org OR comment:'uploaded by you at example.org'". That
works on our Gerrit.

Jan

--