Sysadmin report on the modernization of our infrastructure

Thomas Lübking thomas.luebking at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 15:28:20 GMT 2015

Some open questions:

- Do we have access to Qt's (ie. KDE's major upstream) decision process (reasoning) towards gerrit?

- The major concern about gerrit seems about scratch repos and I think I found a quite old bug/request on this which might cross "trivial" approaches w/ scripts? [1]
  Otoh, it seems Phabricator doesn't support scratch repos right now either.

- The lack of non-repo driven (web interface) patch supplies in gerrit does not seem to have been addressed in the document, but there've been many calls for such. So what's the state on this?

- Phabricator is suggested to have integration w/ a bugtracker
  -> Can gerrit be easily integrated w/ bugzilla (or other trackers), notably by cross-referencing the review (once! ;-) for the "BUG" keyword? (link and tag that this bug is being worked on - tag must be removed in case the patch is abandoned) - and of course closing as well.

Cheers,
Thomas

[1] https://code.google.com/p/gerrit/issues/detail?id=1142