Plasma 5.2 bits for kdereview

Luigi Toscano luigi.toscano at tiscali.it
Tue Jan 6 14:23:52 GMT 2015

Jonathan Riddell ha scritto:
> Updates on this..
>
> I plan to ask for Bluedevil and libbluedevil, libkscreen and kscreen,
> libmm-qt and ksshaskpass to be moved. I see some comments that the
> libraries may be used outside of Plasma but there's no problem with
> that happening, they don't quality for frameworks and they already get
> released with Plasma so it's just an update in projects.kde.org

That's the same point as baloo, discussed on kde-frameworks-devel right now, then.

I still disagree, from a logical point of view those libraries could be needed
both for Applications and Plasma "products". As you said they are not
frameworks, and I still think we need to investigate how to place this kind of
libraries. If you don't want to depend on libraries on extragear-libs, maybe a
new module? Again, it's the same as the baloo placement problem IMHO.

> polkit-kde is already in and has now been merged so master is KF5.

Asking again:
- Is there a final kdelibs4-based branch that can be tracked for the time
being into the stable kdelibs4 l10n branch? Should this stay as
extragear-base, given that kde-workspace is frozen in kdelibs4?

Ciao
--
Luigi