Another proposal for modernization of our infrastructure

Martin Sandsmark martin.sandsmark at kde.org
Tue Feb 3 11:02:40 GMT 2015

On Tue, Feb 03, 2015 at 11:55:58AM +0100, Jan Kundrát wrote:
> I believe that this is fixed in the new change UI:

We use 2.7, which I assume has the new UI.

> - The diff viewer shows comments minimized/collapsed and in a way
> which consumes less space.

Yes, but as I said this doesn't really solve it at all. As I said, for long
discussions it still adds a lot of space and noise into the code, which makes
following the flow of the code extremely hard to do (at least for me
personally, and I suspect others).

> - The review page shows file/line/range comments with a pointer to
> what file and what part of a file this is about.

Still annoying to have to manually go to the source files, and scroll down to
the right line. :-)

I guess it could be better if it was turned into a link?

> Now, one thing which is arguably missing and can be improved is
> adding a small chunk of actual file content to the comments shown on
> review page. I think that upstream will be happy to accept such a
> patch.

This would indeed be a big improvement, especially if it has the ability to
expand up and down, like in the file diff view (which could also be improved
IMHO, clicking the number is not very intuitive at all...). :-)

--
Martin Sandsmark