Another proposal for modernization of our infrastructure

Jan Kundrát jkt at kde.org
Tue Feb 3 10:55:58 GMT 2015

On Tuesday, 3 February 2015 11:48:30 CEST, Martin Sandsmark wrote:
> As mentioned already, we've been using Gerrit at work for quite a while now,
> and having the code broken up by comments (sometimes many lines in case of a
> discussion) makes it extremely hard to actually follow the flow of the code.
>
> Do you know if upstream would accept to change this, or how hard it would be
> to change?

I believe that this is fixed in the new change UI:

- The diff viewer shows comments minimized/collapsed and in a way which
consumes less space.
- The review page shows file/line/range comments with a pointer to what
file and what part of a file this is about.

Now, one thing which is arguably missing and can be improved is adding a
small chunk of actual file content to the comments shown on review page. I
think that upstream will be happy to accept such a patch.

Cheers,
Jan

--
Trojitá, a fast Qt IMAP e-mail client -- http://trojita.flaska.net/