Change to Mail Infrastructure - SPF and DKIM verification will now be enforced

Nicolás Alvarez nicolas.alvarez at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 15:09:43 GMT 2015

> El 8 dic 2015, a las 07:11, Jan Kundrát <jkt at kde.org> escribió:
>
> It is irrelevant what our personal preference is. The fact of life is that there *are* mailing lists out there which perform these modifications, and these MLs won't change their config despite changes on our side. If we start rejecting these e-mails, well, our addresses will be unsubscribed from these MLs and we won't be able to participate in relevant technical discussions. If that happens, I'm afraid that the @kde.org e-mail addresses will no longer provide their stated value.

Unfortunately, this is the mess that DMARC got us into:

It is irrelevant what our personal preference about doing modifications to messages is (like the tag in the subject). The fact of life is that there *are* mail providers out there (like Yahoo) which are already enforcing DMARC and may reject messages with such DKIM-breaking modifications, and these mail providers won't change their config to accommodate us.