SDDM-KCM In Review

Àlex Fiestas afiestas at kde.org
Mon Oct 6 17:29:09 BST 2014

On Saturday 04 October 2014 22:38:30 David Edmundson wrote:
> Application history:
>  - I wrote a KCM for LightDM in Playground
>  - This was forked and changed to work on SDDM in Github
>  - We switched to SDDM as the recommended DM for Plasma
>  - We want a KCM to configure it
>  - It's easier (for translations especially) if we put the KCM back our
> repos
>  - Upstream are happy for this to happen [1]
>
> David
>
> [1] https://projects.kde.org/projects/kdereview/sddm-kcm
> [2] https://github.com/sddm/sddm-kcm/issues/14

-It has no tests, I think the models should be tested at least
-It still links to KDELibs4support, we should clean that before merging I
think.
-SDDM appears on GUI, is that intended?
-Has the VDG taken a look at this? Is it passing all the HIG?

Less important but I am wondering, aren't "User" and "Commands" in the Advance
tab too advance perhaps?

Cheers!