What to test for 4.13?

Christoph Feck christoph at maxiom.de
Fri Mar 7 19:17:16 GMT 2014

On Friday 07 March 2014 11:29:52 Jos Poortvliet wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The first beta of our applications and platform 4.13 is out. There
> are some major changes, the introduction of Baloo being first and
> foremost among them.

Yes, including Baloo integration in Dolphin and other applications
that are already ported.

> But there is more. We (the promo team) would like to write an
> article to ask our community to help test this release and we'd
> appreciate it if you could tell us WHAT exactly could use some
> extra testing!
>
> The more specific you make it, the better it is, of course. Help us
> help our users help you ;-)

From quickly checking what was done for 4.13, I would also mention:
- fixes and new features in KMail (Laurent blogged about them)
- new features in Okular: tabs, magnifier, better media handling
- improvements in Kate (made during some sprint I guess)
- enhanced Palapeli (puzzle game)
and for those, who are interested:
- improvements and fixes in Umbrello (UML modeling)

Additionally, I would encourage users to test the PIM stack (again).
From looking at the stats, the number of new bug reports decline. This
could either be caused by people giving up on it, by the fact that
everything has already been reported, or by the ongoing improvements
in the KDEPIM stack, including work done by new Akonadi maintainers.

In other words, let us ask the "are we there yet?" question again for
KDEPIM, and invite users to report thing that still might need to be
addressed.

Thanks,
Christoph Feck (kdepepo)