Kronometer now in KDE Review

Elvis Angelaccio elvis.angelaccio at kdemail.net
Tue Jun 24 09:46:40 BST 2014

> extragear-utils
> > >
> > > or

> sysadmin

> extragear-utils by
> another
> > >
> > > vote

> https://mail.kde.org/pipermail/kde-utils-devel/2014-April/001110.html
> > >
> > > I don't mind either way, it makes very little difference in the end
> > > ("sudo zypper install kronometer", done)
> > >
> > > In fact the real question is what do *you* want: do you want it
> released
> > > automatically as part of the KDE SC, or do you want to make your own
> > > releases
> > > (more work for you, but you control when it's released).
> >
> > Well, what I really care for is packaging and translations, the release
> > schedule is secondary.
>
> It's not just about schedule, it's about who does the work.
>
> > I'm not sure how exactly extragear works. Let's say I choose to move
> > kronometer in extragear-utils: the many distros will automatically
> package
> > it?
>
> Yes, that's not where the difference is.
>
> > What about translations?
>
> No difference there either.

So I think extragear is enough for my requirements.

> The difference is: will you take care of doing regular releases of the code
> (versionning, packaging, uploading, etc. etc.). Or would you rather that
> this
> happens automatically for you whenever a KDE SC release comes out.

I think I am more familiar doing my own release schedule. Thank you for
explaining!

Thank you all for the comments during this review, it's been a pleasure.
In the next couple of days I will submit a ticket to move kronometer to
extragear-utils, unless there are further last minute comments.

Regards,
Elvis