Moving Baloo and Baloo-widgets into KDE SC

Thomas Lübking thomas.luebking at gmail.com
Sun Jan 12 19:33:20 GMT 2014

On Sonntag, 12. Januar 2014 12:28:09 CEST, Vishesh Handa wrote:

> How should one go about this? Dot article?

An article on dot will help, but it's not important where the information is hosted.

What is important is that it has the character of an official press release.
a) It has to show up in "mainstream" media (slashdot & friends) *now* - not when things happened.
b) It must *not* come along like "KDE developer Vishesh Handa wants..." but as "KDE will..."

This implies media control, ie. pointing authors of false reports to the one and only official statement instead of assuming sth. out of the meta-information (article/s or blogs about baloo ./. nepomuk etc.)
(As KDE won't be paying a PR agency - i guess - that means "by us")

Once a decision has been settled, it's time to contact kde-promo at kde.org on this topic. To shape an official note and get it out.

> http://community.kde.org/Baloo/NepomukPort

>> Dolphin
>> The port is in progress. Check the feature/baloo branch

I assume this will say "done" before any transition happens?

>> Amarok has a separate Nepomuk collection. Porting this is going to be next
>> to impossible as it creates huge sparql queries.

There should be at least a link to further information. atm. it reads like:
"We're gonna remove nepomuk and then amarok is broken and unfixable."

Informations on whether things are actually in progress (prevent "nobody seems to care?" panic) would be nice.

Cheers,
Thomas